What it was like working with InkNBurn

10:53 AM
A chapter is coming to a close tomorrow.  July will bring about a change.  My relationship with InkNBurn (INB), a small boutique running apparel company out of Southern California, is coming to an end at the conclusion of the day tomorrow.

What has it been like working for INB?

A lot of selfies! 😁 smile!



Let me explain.  Part of being an ambassador is promotion of the products of the company you're working with.  Depending on the company and the product, that could mean a variety of things.   From tweeting about the product on your twitter, retweeting information, spotlighting the product on Facebook, providing photos to the company for commercial use (which brought about the famed graffiti picture below; kinda cool seeing myself in their advertising on Facebook), blasting friends and family with images of you in said product, meeting and greeting folks at events, passing out information about the gear when asked in the strangest of places (I get asked about INB gear all the time for some reason at airports, yes I typically fly in their gear too).


For me, running 365 days a year for two years in a row, that meant a lot of selfies in INB gear.  My @egsleeve365 Instagram page is testimonial to that fact.

Documenting my 365 challenge for MakeAWish and being an Ambassador for INB, meant always finding time to take a selfie.  Sometimes even making sure I had a mini tripod with me!  Yes, shooting photo, after photo, after photo.  Again.  And Again.  DAMNIT OUT OF FOCUS.  Okay, let's get this done so I can finish this run.  Smile.  LOL!

But what is work when you're having fun doing it?  It has been the best job ever!

Despite the partnership officially coming to an contractual end, I will continue to wear their gear.  I wasn't simply on a corner working on the strings of the company pushing a product I don't believe in, selling my soul for scraps under the table for a discount.  Hell nawl.  I was proudly wearing INB prior to the official contract and I will proudly wear their gear as a former ambassador on July 1st!

Why?

Well if you haven't heard it from me before, let me repeat why I love INB.

  1. You get what you pay for.  Yes, their gear is pricey.  But out of all my running gear, INB gear keeps me the coolest, dries the fastest, and looks killer!
  2. Did I mention looks?  INB has the best designed running gear on the market right now.  Nobody can touch them.  No body.  
  3. Exclusive looks.  They are a smaller company, which means there aren't 10,000 copies of the same shirt out there.  When you do see someone else in INB gear, it's like seeing a unicorn 🦄 😉 (INB folks know what I'm talking 'bout).  
  4. Can be worn daily without shouting "LOOK EVERYONE, I'M A RUNNER!"  Great designs means those designs are flexible, versatile, and adaptable.  Yes there are some INB gear that advertise their fitness roots, but most of the time you'll never know.  You'll just comment "awesome shirt!  Where you get that from?"
  5. Keeps me cool.  Wicks sweat swiftly, but not so swiftly to not provide some cooling.  In the desert southwest, INB gear is by far the coolest products I own.  What else could I want?
  6. Community.  I've meet so many folks being part of the INB family that I can't keep up.  Strangers in the airport that ask me about the gear, people at runs, folks on social media.  The INB community has deep roots.  Love INB y'all.  The peeps.  Much love.  Mad respect.  Enough said.  
So even though you'll see a change in my job classification here on FB and some folks have notice the small change I've made at my Instagram accounts, I'm still a loyalist.  Despite picking up some work from other companies, INB continues to be home.

If you need or want some of their gear, you can click clicky to check out INB gear for yourself.  Or check out INB's Facebook page.   Still on the job! 

Now only if we can work out a little something something for my upcoming 5k in 100 miles fundraiser for MakeAWish AZ... 😊

Thanks INB for being such a wonderful company, wait no, community to work with.  See you all on July 1st still in my INB gear.  ☮

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.