Dreaming of Javelinas

3:04 PM



Eight days.

It's getting real. I'm anxious. I'm nervous. Little hype. Starting to analyze every little thing. Preparing over and over in my head.

Fueling strategy.

Hydration strategy.

Clothing strategy.

Pacing strategy.

The challenge now is to stay out of my head. To trust the training. To not concern myself with the week if training I had to skip due to work.  Trust in the miles and miles and miles I've put in. To know that this feeling in my legs will get better as the miles fall off dramatically in the coming days.

Irony is I see the finish. I see the end. I see the buckle on waist the following business meeting week. I see beyond to the next marathon in January with thoughts of a sub 4:30.  I know crazy! 

It's kind of surreal. Strange. As if I'm absent from my body. The fatigue doesn't exist. My mind taking a vacation to another place. Another realm? 

When I started this journey, I was in such mental and emotional pain that I vaguely remember signing up for this event. 100K.

When I came to my senses and began to understand what it all means, it was just as surreal then as the world has become now. I can't believe the feats my body is currently capable of.

Ran my fastest 50k after a hard week of work and running. Ran my fastest half marathon after crazy work hours and limited sleep. When the plan calls for 3-5 miles easy, it seems I zone out as it's nothing while running 10 to sub 10 min miles. LOL.

All those days of interval training. Hill work. Shaun T (hate that fvcker).  Somewhere in the physical pain, the mental beat down, and total exhaustion there was a transformation taking place unaware.

And now here I am. Little over one week out...

Let's do this ish!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.